Community discussions

MikroTik App

robtor
Topic Author

Offline documentation

Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:31 pm

Hello everybody,
does anyone know whether there's an offline documentation available? Maybe in form of plain html pages or a pdf bundle of help.mikrotik.com ?
I would really appreciate such an offline documentation because if you somehow destroy your edge-routers configuration or mess up something else and thatswhy you dont have internet access, such an offline documentation would be a big advantage.

So if any of mikrotik staff reads this post, isn't there an option to export the Atlassian confluence doc as pdf?

I tried several approaches, using httrack and other tools but i had unfortunately no success downloading the full documentation and help pages, because confluence seems to rely heavily on javascript and other online resources.

optio
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Offline documentation

Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:41 pm

because if you somehow destroy your edge-routers configuration or mess up something else and thatswhy you dont have internet access
I will be more concerned if I will still have job after this than having offline ROS documentation. :)

robtor
Topic Author

Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:32 am

It's only in my home network, there I don't have any backup/redundat devices available ^^ this would be overkill

And in general I'm really a fan of offline documentation because it can help on some special edge cases

OPNsense for example offer offline documentation in pdf
Last edited by robtor on Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

optio
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:46 pm

As I see currently you have only option to download PDF per page, (three dots menu on Confluence->Export to PDF), ether you download them all manually (or some that you find important) or create some script for automation that will traverse all sections and trigger request that is performed on that Export to PDF menu action - https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/spaces/f ... e_page_id>. Then create some local filesystem hierarchy for files per sections or use some PDF editing tool to merge all into single PDF and create page links between them instead URLs.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:38 pm

robtor
Topic Author

Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:42 am

Thank you! This was exactly what I was looking for.
As
As I see currently you have only option to download PDF per page, (three dots menu on Confluence->Export to PDF), ether you download them all manually (or some that you find important) or create some script for automation that will traverse all sections
wrote I already considered this.

Is there an public option to export the full documentation I didn't found? Or is your download link always up to date? Or was it just a one-time export?
Just for understanding. :D
Maybe this download for the full ROS documentation on the download page might be helpful for some other users as well.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:28 pm

Looks like Atlassian Confluence does not allow anonymous export, since it could overload the server.

robtor
Topic Author

Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:45 pm

Ah okay I understand the problem.

I'm not sure if it's worth the effort, but maybe there could be exported the documentation automatically each month? Just to provide the "latest" version as a download?

robtor
Topic Author

Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:43 pm

I've finally seen that you added a link onto the main documentation page with monthly offered downloads. Very nice offer! :D