Community discussions

MikroTik App

RBrogen
just joined
Topic Author

NAT Issue - SOLVED

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:45 am

Hi Everyone,

I got m loopback working... I coudn't delete the post because the page keeps erroring out.

Thanks

Not new to tech but am new the MikroTik hardware. I have an internal web server that I setup a NAT rule for 8443 and this rule works perfect for people outside my network accessing the webserver using the public url. The problem I have is that users on my local network can no longer use the external url to access the server. I seem to remember years ago I had a very similar problem with SonicWall FW where you had to do something extra to allow a user to type in a url that has to go out of the fireall and back in to work. I believe it has to do with a NAT Loopback or Hairpin NAT. I have tried and am currently trying different approaches with that but it doesn't seem to want to work. Can someone please point me in the direct to adjust my settings?

I appreciate it much!

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: NAT Issue - SOLVED

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:42 am

take a look at this

https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... HairpinNAT
But, there will be a problem, when a client on the same network as the web server requests a connection to the web server's public IP address: 

RBrogen
just joined
Topic Author

Re: NAT Issue - SOLVED

Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:44 am

Thaks for the reply Chechito ... I tried to delete the post before someone took their time to reply so they didn't waste their time after I got the setup working but the forum wouldn't let me.